Espresso Cardamom Shortbread Cookies

Espresso Cardamom Shortbread Cookies

Cardamom%20Espresso%20Shortbread%20Cookies%202

This past fall I was introduced to a Cardamom Latte. I loved the flavor and new I had to find a cookie to match. I made these shortbread cookies this past weekend and I loved the flavor. The next time I whip up a batch of these I would increase the instant espresso to 2 teaspoons. I like a stronger coffee flavor.

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups of butter softened
3 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of instant espresso(if you want a stronger flavor up the amount to 2)
1 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups of powdered icing sugar

To make the shortbread

• Position the rack to the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees

• Lightly butter a 9x13 baking pan

• Dissolve the instant espresso in the vanilla and set aside

• In a bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, cardamom and salt. Whisk to combine the ingredients.

• In your stand mixer beat the butter until smooth and add the powdered icing sugar and the vanilla -espresso mixture. Beat until nice and creamy.

• Add the flour mixture and beat until well combined, scraping the bowl at least once to make sure everything is incorporated.

• Transfer the dough to the pan and press the dough lightly to ensure that it is evenly distributed into the pan.

• Before you bake in the oven cut the dough all the way through in even portions and prick each cookie with a fork 3 times.

• Bake for 15 minutes then turn the pan. Continue to bake for another 15 minutes until the top is dry and is just lightly golden.

• Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack. With a small knife gently re-cut the cookies along the lines. Let the cool completely before removing them from the pan.

• Cookies can be stored for up to 5 days at room temperature in a container or they can be frozen in the freezer for a later date.

Cardamom%20Espresso%20Shortbread%20Cookies%202

1 Like

Noice.

They were awesome.