2 tablespoons of oil
3 tablespoons of honey
4 ½ cups of bread flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 ½ teaspoons of instant yeast
2 egg whites
sesame seeds (optional)

To Make the bread

• In a bowl combine the water, eggs, honey and oil, whisk until they are well mixed

• Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and add 2 cups of your flour, salt and yeast and mix until well combined

• Allow to rest for 15 minutes

• After 15 minutes have passed, add the rest of the flour a !/2 cup at a time

• Once your dough is firm enough to work with your hands pour onto a flat surface and knead for 10 minutes

• After kneading, place into a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in bulk, approximately 1 ½ hours

• After dough has risen, place onto flat surface and divide dough into 3 equal portions, I like to use a scale and weigh mine.

• Roll out each piece of dough to about 15 inches or so

• Now connect the three pieces at the top and starting with the right side begin to braid the dough

• Pinch and tuck both ends of the braid

• Place the braid onto a parchment lined baking sheet

• Whisk the 2 egg whites until foamy and using a pastry brush, brush the braid with the egg whites

• Reserve the egg whites

• Cover the bread with plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in bulk!

• Once the bread has risen, uncover the bread, re whisk the egg whites and brush the bread again

• Sprinkle with sesame seeds and place in a pre-heated 400 degree over for 20 minutes then reduce the heat to 375 degrees, rotate bread and continue to bake for another 15 -20 minutes or until the loaf in browned.

• If you find your bread browning to quickly I cover mine with a brown paper bag to prevent it from burning

• To test my bread I always tap it, if it sounds hollow it is a good indication that it is baked through

1 Like

It was really great.

I’ve had three pieces already.