I've been baking lots

So, I’m not the best at keeping my site up to date, honestly it comes down to time and energy. It does require a bit of work to update this stuff. And I would rather be baking than updating my site.

I have been doing some cute stuff this past month.

Firstly, have a look at the cutest Hedgehog cake I made. I submitted a photo to Extra Slice, GBBO and they decided to air my cake on the show.

I made this guy in 6 inch rounds chocolate cake. I made the face from fondant and the rest in buttercream.

I’ve been trying really hard to do more and more work with fondant. Fondant brings me out of my comfort zone. Hopefully, the more I work with it, the better I will become.

I also made this Apple Fritter Bread. I brought it to school to share with the staff there.

For afternoon break one day I made A Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup. It tasted very, very yummy.

That brings us into October for Breast Cancer Awareness month. I decided to try my hand at some fondant work again and made this boobie cake. It turned out really pretty. I gave this cake away. Turns out it is hard to give cakes away. People do not want free cakes for some reason.

I also did this Malteser Cake for my son’s 8th Birthday. It turned out pretty well.

It was 2- 8 inch chocolate cakes with vanilla buttercream between them.

Covered in whipped chocolate ganache.

Lined the outside with chocolate finger cookies.

Then I added lots and lots of Maltesers. The anti-gravity part of the cake was a straw with a skewer inside for stability, poked down through the cake then Maltesers glued to the straw with chocolate candy melts. This takes time to do. Each ball has to be set in order to place the next one on. It takes a while. The end result is worth it.

1 Like