Peppermint Candy Ornaments

Peppermint Candy Ornaments

I have seen these a few times on the internet so I gave them a go today. They came out pretty well for my first attempt. They are simple to make and require few ingredients but you must keep watch of these while they are in the oven.

I may try to make these into a cake plate or serving tray for the holiday season.

Ingredients

Nonstick baking spray
Metal cookie cutters
Silicone baking mat
Round peppermint candies

To make ornaments

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees

• Spray the inside of your cookie cutters with the baking spray

• Place your cookie cutters down on a baking sheet that has been lined with a silicone baking mat

• Unwrap your candies and begin placing them inside the cookie cutter, I placed mine with a small gap in between each other. Take a step back and make sure they look symmetrical, if not rearrange until they do.

• Bake in your preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.

• Be careful because they will start to form bubbles if they are in too long. If this happens I used a toothpick to break the bubbles as soon as I took them out. And they filled in nicely.

• Once melted, I waited 4-5 minutes and used to toothpick to make a hole to place a ribbon through. If it is still too hot the hole will be filled in and you will have to remake the hole.

• Let the candy cool in the cookie cutter until you can handle it comfortably in your hands.

• Carefully break any candy away that might have escaped out the sides of your cookie cutter.0-2

• Then carefully loosen the cookie cutter around your candy. Gently pull the cookie cutter away from your candy to release it.

• Wipe off with a paper towel to remove the leftover baking spray

• Then attach a ribbon through the hole to hang your ornament.

• These are not meant to last from season to season and they will begin to melt in a humid environment.0-1

1 Like