I made these muffins this week for a school Valentine’s Day lunch.
- 1¼ C flour
- 5 TBSP milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 small bananas, mashed
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, chopped + a few extra to put on top of each muffin prior to baking.
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
How to make the muffins
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a 12 ct. muffin tin with cupcake liners OR spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the mashed banana with all the ingredients, except the mini chocolate chips and fresh strawberries, mixing well.
- Gently add in the mini chocolate chips and fresh strawberries.
- Fill each muffin well/cupcake liner about ¾ of the way and place a few mini chocolate chips and fresh strawberries on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 5 minutes on 425 degrees. After 5 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 12-15 minutes.