Valentine’s Day was this week and I whipped up a batch of these. They make for a cute treat.
- Oreo, or some other brand of chocolate sandwich cookies
- Candy melts, I used Wilton brand
- candy sticks
- treat bags
How to make the Oreo pops
- I placed my cookies on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. I then used a knife to take the top off the cookie.
- I melted just a few candy melts first in a deep mug.
- I took the candy sticks dipped them in the melted candy and placed them on the icing side of the cookie. Then I replaced the top side of the cookie and sandwiched the stick in between.
- When all of the cookies had been put back together with the stick inside I put them in the refrigerator to harden up for about 10 minutes.
- While waiting for those to harden I melted my candy melts in a large deep mug as per the manufacturers directions on the bag.
- I then dipped my Oreo cookies in the melted candy, tapping it gently afterwards to remove the access candy. I slowly turned them so that the candy settled uniformly.
- When I was satisfied with how they looked, I placed them on the cookie sheet to let harder. If you are decorating with sprinkles you need to add them before they completely harden.
- When I was finished dipping the oreos, I went back and melted a secondary color, placed them in a ziplock back and snipped a small corner off and drizzled the second color on the already hardened pops.
- When they were all decorated to my satisfaction and completely hardened, I placed them into treat bags and tied them off wth a ribbon.